Donations to MyHome in Canberra since its start in 2014, including from fund-raising events, have totalled just over $110,000.
Some of these donated funds have been used –
- for publicity and organisation,
- for redesigning our website,
- for professional advice from KB West Advisory, and
- to help fund an indicative development plan for the envisaged site of MyHome in Curtin.
About $83,000 of donated funds remains in our bank account and our investment account.
Annual Information Statements for MyHome in Canberra have been submitted to the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) for each recent financial year. They include data for income and expenditure and balance sheet summaries. They can be accessed at our page on the ACNC website.
The proposal we made in March 2021 to the ACT Government involved a big fund-raising task after the Government would commit to funding construction, to establish a back-up fund sufficient to ensure that operating MyHome after its construction would be viable for at least ten years, and in due course to replenish that fund.
This has been superseded by the proposal made by Wesley Mission. We now expect that an ACT Government decision about financial support will be followed by Wesley Mission’s determination of what other financial resources it will need to build, prepare for and operate MyHome, and our agreement with them on how best MyHome’s present funds and future fundraising can help.
We shall bring to that some ideas which figured in our 2021 proposal and others which have developed since then:
- identifying a group of people in the ACT whose needs correspond to what’s proposed for MyHome;
- helping to fund specialist support for those in this group who need it to establish or continue their eligibility for NDIS packages;
- planning for multi-year tracking of those in this group who agree to it, in all their different situations, so that in time MyHome can be evaluated in the context of other forms of accommodation which are more, less or differently supported; and
- identifying prospective independent evaluators who could undertake this task.