The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of MyHome in Canberra Inc. is to be held at 5.30pm on Thursday 25 November. All our members and supporters, and others interested, will be welcome.
We expect to be able to meet in person, in a meeting room in the Woden Valley Uniting Church at 40 Gillies Street, Curtin ACT. If new COVID restrictions prevent this, further advice will be emailed to members and put on the MyHome website.
The agenda for the AGM will include –
- confirming the minutes of last year’s AGM
- receiving reports from office-bearers on activities and MyHome finances
- electing committee members including office-bearers
- any other business.
Notice is not required for matters to be raised under “any other business”, but for the sake of members and others attending the AGM being well informed, notice is requested at least seven days ahead, that is, by 18 November, by notifying the secretary in an email to MyHome321@iinet.net.au.
Special resolutions (such as are required for making any change to the association’s rules) can be proposed provided the secretary is notified in sufficient time to give members the required notice of at least 21 days, and so by 2 November.
Those eligible to vote at the AGM will be members who have paid their $5 membership fee for FY21 (as current members have already been requested). Voting can be in person, or by proxy – for which the form on the MyHome website here is to be used.
Membership of the MyHome association can be applied for, and applications can be considered and when accepted completed, in time for new members to vote at this AGM, provided applications are received by the secretary by 26 October, two days before the next meeting of the committee. Anyone interested in becoming a member should contact the secretary (as above, by email to MyHome321@iinet.net.au).
The association’s rules for the election of committee members are in section 16, which is accessible in full on the MyHome website here. In summary, these specify –
- the committee consists of four office-holders – president, vice-president, treasurer and secretary – and three ordinary committee members
- each member holds office until the end of the AGM following the member’s election or appointment
- nominations for committee positions must be made in writing, signed by two members of the association and accompanied by the candidate’s written consent, and given to the secretary at least 7 days before the AGM date (so this year by 18 November)
- if nominations exceed committee positions, a ballot must be held at the AGM
- if nominations fall short of vacancies, those nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations may be received at the AGM
- if a vacancy remains after the AGM or occurs later, the committee may appoint a member of the association until the next AGM.
Given what’s above, two updates to this notice are planned –
- one 21 days ahead of the AGM on 4 November, informing members of any proposals for special resolutions, and
- one 6 days ahead of the AGM on 19 November, listing nominations for committee positions and describing any notices received of matters to be raised under other business.
John S Eyers
Secretary, MyHome in Canberra Inc.